I’m still looking for a really good spiralizer that doesn’t cost one hundred dollars until then I’m going to mixing, mashing and crushing vegetables and other healthier alternatives. I’m also looking for the healthier alternative to Chick fil A waffle fries that tastes exactly like the fries, I have yet to find that magic potion. Until then I found this healthy alternative to mashed potatoes, using cauliflower. I’m not saying it tastes exactly like mashed potatoes with yummy creamy gravy but it does tastes really good. I paired it with a cajun cod fish, but you can pair it with any protein you like. The recipe is below. Let me know what you add to this recipe to make it your own. Enjoy!
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 big cloves of roasted garlic (or 1 clove raw garlic)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 4 tbsp green onions chopped
- 1-2 tsp of sea salt & pepper
- Chop the head of cauliflower into small florets.
- Place cauliflower in a large pot and fill with just enough water to cover the florets.
- Bring the water to boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low. Steam until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower well.
- Place the cauliflower in a Vitamix and set on low and blend.
- Mix in remaining ingredients